Windshield Replacement Service Near Oklahoma City
Windshield Replacement Service with Bob Moore Auto Group
If you have been driving for a few years, odds are you have encountered a dump truck on the highway hauling gravel or other loose material. This is a relatively common encounter when you drive on the highways of Oklahoma City, Edmond, Norman, or any other city. A truck carrying gravel or dirt, or maybe a diesel pulling a flatbed trailer with a large earth mover that was used recently, or any other situation occurs where debris, a rock, or piece of metal strikes your windshield. Boom! something hits the windshield and chips the glass or causes a crack that spiderwebs out into your field of vision, obstructing your view.
This can be a real safety hazard, but how do you know whether it can be merely patched or fixed or if it needs to be replaced entirely? This is where Bob Moore Auto Group can help with our professional windshield replacement team at any Bob Moore location.
What to Do About a Damaged Windshield?
When windshield damage occurs, our team looks at several possible options for repair or replacement.
- Location- First and foremost, location is a major factor to consider. If cracks have crept out to the edge of the windshield, usually this warrants a windshield replacement. If cracks reach the edge, they tend to spread. Cracks and chips directly in your field of vision require replacement as well, as a repair may not cure clearly, and a remnant outline of the repair area may still be present.
- Length of time- When you leave chips and cracks unattended, dirt can build up and make them harder to repair, leading to a replacement.
- Size- Chips larger than 3/8 inch, and cracks more than three inches long, most often requiring replacement.
Bob Moore Auto Group will work with you and your insurance carrier. They will even handle the filing for you. We suggest contacting your insurance carrier before bringing your vehicle in just to verify coverage.
Windshield Repair Near Oklahoma City
If your windshield damage is not severe, we can provide repairs. If the chip or crack is small enough, we can apply a special solution to restore your windshield to its former clarity. Repairs are recommended over replacements for the following reasons:
- Windshield repair is less expensive than a full replacement.
- Repairs can usually be completed within an hour, so it is more convenient for you.
- Windshield glass does not break down or decompose, repairing your windshield keeps the old glass out of landfills where it will always remain.
- Because repair is less expensive than replacement, your insurance carrier could wave the deductible and just pay for the repair.
The process of fixing your windshield involves removing debris from the impact area, sometimes by drilling out the material to create a clear path for the repair resin. The resin is then injected into the area of damage, using a tool that affixes to the surface of the glass. Once this step is complete the resin is cured and polished to restore visibility.
If your windshield has sustained damage and is in need of repair or replacement, contact your nearest Bob Moore dealership and request an estimate for the cost to repair or replace your windshield. Bring your vehicle in and let our team get to work to get you back on the road.