What is the Towing Capacity of the Ford F-150?
Tough tasks on the Oklahoma City job sites require a hard-working truck. If you’re in the market for a full-size truck that gets the job done, take a look at the 2020 Ford F-150. You’ll find impressive specs across the full lineup, including a base trim focused on performance capability. Learn more about the Ford F-150 towing capacity in this guide from Bob Moore Auto Group.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
With seven trim levels, five powerful and efficient engines, plus various cab and bed sizes, you’ll be able to build a custom truck that’s ready to do exactly the job you need it for. As far as payload and towing capability, the max can vary depending on your configuration. Learn more about the Ford F-150 by configuration:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 7,700 lbs.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 9,000 lbs.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Max towing capacity of 11,500 lbs.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Max towing capacity of 11,500 lbs.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 13,200 lbs.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Tips
Whether you’re towing supplies and equipment to your Tulsa jobsite, or hauling a jet ski out to Lake Stanley Draper, following these towing safety tips from the experts in our Service Center will go a long way in making your towing experience a successful one:
- Before leaving home, check that your tires are properly inflated.
- Secure the items to be towed firmly in place.
- When driving with a payload, always keep extra distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Allow for more than the usual clearance when passing other vehicles.
- All extra space and merge with care while towing.
- Put the Ford F-150’s smart towing features to use:
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
Choose the Ford F-150 for Best-in-Class Towing
If you’d like more details on what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150 and how it stacks up to the competition on other performance specs, see how the Ford F-150 compares to the Chevy Silverado 1500. You can also visit Bob Moore Auto Group, where our knowledgeable team is glad to answer any questions about buying vs. leasing a vehicle in our new 2020 Ford F-150 inventory. Reach out to schedule a test drive today!
Are you a Ford fan? Find out the release date of the 2021 Ford Bronco, coming soon to Bob Moore Auto Group! Want to look at similar options? You should also explore the Jeep Gladiator’s dimensions for comparison.
More from Bob Moore Auto Group
Are you curious about the RAM 1500 towing capacity, and ready to potentially upgrade to the 2021 model? When equipped with the available 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine, the 2021 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at a whopping 12,750 pounds. That’s more than enough to haul job site equipment to Dallas during the workweek, or…
It’s no secret: getting in a car accident of any kind is stressful. There are insurance claims and estimates, managing car repairs, finding a rental, and hoping the collision center your insurance company chose will take good care of your vehicle. You have a choice when it comes to your collision center. And at Bob…
Imagine working for a company that focuses on fulfilling its own employees first—and then lets that sense of fulfillment and joy spread to the customer. Imagine a car dealership that’s a part of a well-connected network across the city, full of passionate and driven Oklahomans just like you. Imagine competitive benefits, employee perks, and systems…