What is the Towing Capacity of the Ford F-150?
Tough tasks on the Oklahoma City job sites require a hard-working truck. If you’re in the market for a full-size truck that gets the job done, take a look at the 2020 Ford F-150. You’ll find impressive specs across the full lineup, including a base trim focused on performance capability. Learn more about the Ford F-150 towing capacity in this guide from Bob Moore Auto Group.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
With seven trim levels, five powerful and efficient engines, plus various cab and bed sizes, you’ll be able to build a custom truck that’s ready to do exactly the job you need it for. As far as payload and towing capability, the max can vary depending on your configuration. Learn more about the Ford F-150 by configuration:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 7,700 lbs.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 9,000 lbs.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Max towing capacity of 11,500 lbs.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Max towing capacity of 11,500 lbs.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 13,200 lbs.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Tips
Whether you’re towing supplies and equipment to your Tulsa jobsite, or hauling a jet ski out to Lake Stanley Draper, following these towing safety tips from the experts in our Service Center will go a long way in making your towing experience a successful one:
- Before leaving home, check that your tires are properly inflated.
- Secure the items to be towed firmly in place.
- When driving with a payload, always keep extra distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Allow for more than the usual clearance when passing other vehicles.
- All extra space and merge with care while towing.
- Put the Ford F-150’s smart towing features to use:
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
Choose the Ford F-150 for Best-in-Class Towing
If you’d like more details on what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150 and how it stacks up to the competition on other performance specs, see how the Ford F-150 compares to the Chevy Silverado 1500. You can also visit Bob Moore Auto Group, where our knowledgeable team is glad to answer any questions about buying vs. leasing a vehicle in our new 2020 Ford F-150 inventory. Reach out to schedule a test drive today!
Are you a Ford fan? Find out the release date of the 2021 Ford Bronco, coming soon to Bob Moore Auto Group! Want to look at similar options? You should also explore the Jeep Gladiator’s dimensions for comparison.
More from Bob Moore Auto Group
You’re a smart car shopper. You’re not just interested in good looks. Like a lot of our Dallas customers, you need to get down to the nitty-gritty and review the specs. Fortunately, we’ve put together a list of the new Mazda CX-30 specs below. View InventoryContact us 2021 Mazda CX-30 Specs – Engines The new…
There’s no doubt the new Jeep Cherokee looks great rolling down our Dallas streets. But maybe you’re wondering how much room it has on the inside. We list the generous 2021 Jeep Cherokee dimensions below, including the Jeep Cherokee cargo space. We’ll also talk about the many awesome features that are loaded into this SUV….
It’s easy to love the inside of the 2021 Cadillac XT5, with its leather seating, carbon fiber accents, natural wood paneling, and more. It’s a wonderful blend of comfort and sophistication that you can explore with the many Cadillac XT5 interior options available to you. Bob Moore Auto Group is ready to help you settle on the…